Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Politics and Prose

For those of you who know that wonderful bookstore, you know I have landed in DC for my reading tonight. Politics and Prose at 7PM. I hope to see you there!

Arrived here at 2:30 this morning. Ugh. Tucson via Denver. I moved through Dulles like a zombie, waited for almost half an hour for a taxi, and then arrived at one of the strangest hotels ever. Don't get me wrong. I love a high tech, funky hotel as much as the next person. But this one is maybe trying too hard. Every time the phone rings I can't figure out where to put the weirdly shaped hunk of plastic to answer it.

And speaking of phones. I dropped mine in the toilet yesterday. But the gods of IPhones only took away my audio for a few hours and now it's good as new. Mercury is in retrograde, which is when things like this happen...

Home tomorrow, and ready for my low tech bed, my own good cooking, my darling family, and staying still for a couple of days.