Tuesday, March 19, 2013

New York, New York

So happy to be sitting in my little sublet here waiting for my old buddy Matt to text me that he's arrived and ready to meet up.  The rain has stopped and the sun is shining on my beautiful city!

I had a whirlwind trip to Atlanta on Saturday, and a wonderful night last night at The Odyssey Bookshop in South Hadley, MA with old friends (including a couple surprises!) and new friends alike.

Wiped out, but got to start knitting a rotini scarf on the train, and to get some work done. Book tours get in the way of actual writing! Now that I'm here though, I will write every morning, which feels grand.

The schedule, if you find yourself in these parts, is:
The Strand with Chris Castellani tonight, Tuesday, at 7PM
Cake Shop on Ludlow Street with Helen Schulman and others at 7PM tomorrow night (Wednesday)
Pete's Candy Store in Williamsburg, Brooklyn at 7:30 Thursday night

Next week, come see me at Bookworks in Albuquerque on March 27th or at the Melrose Library in Melrose, MA on March 28.

In between, I have some fun parties to celebrate my good old alma mater, URI. One at Rosecliff in Newport and another at the Providence Public Library. Eager to catch up with all my fellow Rams!

Also: Annabelle has to have two teeth pulled, and as most of you know, medical stuff around my kids makes me a little crazy. So send her good thoughts on March 25 please...

Time to put on my little black dress!