Thursday, March 21, 2013

Cake Shop and Candy Store

My book tour weary brain just realized how funny it is that last night I read at Cake Shop and tonight I'm reading at Pete's Candy Store! The readings have all been so wonderful, filled with friends and fans and good cheer. Makes me a happy happy girl.

But it is nice to linger in bed this morning, drinking coffee and kind of staring dumbly out the window watching NYC. Did lots of walking yesterday, mostly in the Union Square area. I met up with a friend for a wine tasting at Corkbuzz, which was way too much fun at 11AM. We did blind tastings of eight white wines, then went next door for Croque Monsieurs at a place that sells just Croque Monsieurs. One of the myriad things I love about this city is that there are places like that, tiny hole in the walls with yummy food. And wine tastings. And Cake Shops and Candy Stores that have readings!

My old friend Jane is arriving in a little while from RI, and we will have some play time this afternoon before heading out to Brooklyn. Until then, I think I will stay snuggled up here and keep staring out the window...