Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Book tour update!

I have the sore scratchy throat that comes with doing so many wonderful book events in such a short time.

Note to self: buy a large bag of Hall's honey lemon cough drops today!

But what amazing events! So many people to thank:

Monday's pub date had me on The Rhode Show and doing a live radio interview. Then it was straight to Middletown, RI where Judy Crosby and her fabulous staff at Island Books launched The Obituary Writer in style with chardonnay, cheese and crackers, and a standing room only crowd. I was happy to continue the celebration afterwards at Fieldstone's with some of my favorite fans, Judy, and buddy Jane who came along for all the festivities. Big thanks to all of them, and all of you who came out!

Tuesday brought more radio interviews before I headed to Bank Square Books in Mystic, CT. Boy, has Annie Philbrick figured out how to host an event: a lunch time luncheon of yummy salads and brownies and wine followed by a talk and a reading with Q and A and book signing. Thank you to everyone at that great bookstore, and again to everyone who came!

Sadly had to drive from Mystic to the wake of the father of our dear friend and babysitter extraordinaire. That made for a somber late afternoon, but I was so proud of the letter that Annabelle wrote to the family remembering this special man.

Hardly time to pause before my buddy Amy picked me up for the event that the amazing Robin Kall Homonoff threw at Felicia's in East Greenwich, RI. Robin is a force, and brought a standing room only crowd of incredible women. I was so happy to see so many familiar faces there, and to meet so many new people. Thank you to Robin and her daughter Emily! And thank you to everyone who literally stood for over an hour!

Today I am doing the final copyedits on the jaw dropping anthology I've edited of writers writing about knitting. Knitting Yarns will be published by WW Norton in November, and has essays by Barbara Kingsolver, Ann Patchett, Andre Dubus III, Sue Grafton, Anita Shreve, Elizabeth Berg and twenty more of your favorite writers. You will love it as much as I do!

Also just did the edits on an essay of mine that will run in the March 15 Wall Street Journal in the Mansions section. I will post a link when I have one.

A little worried about the weather report for tonight and am hoping that snow doesn't interfere with my reading at Stellina's restaurant in Watertown, MA. I will be there at 6:30 and hopefully you will be able to make it!

An exciting few weeks ahead. I will of course keep you updated on events and reviews. And I  will continue to send out my extreme gratitude for supporting The Obituary Writer!