Monday, April 21, 2014

I made it

That's the best I can do. It's rare that Grace's anniversary falls on Easter weekend. But this year it did. And I got through it, somehow even managing to host a big dinner party Easter Eve (made 4 hour braised lamb a la Barefoot Contessa--try it!). 

But by yesterday afternoon, I hit a wall and burrowed under a blanket with two books--Dani Shapiro's STILL WRITING and Abigail Thomas' THINKING ABOUT MEMOIR--to re read. Then it was on to watch Philomena (loved!) and Mad Men and sleep. 

Today had to take a deep breath to plunge into the week. Still feeling the shadow of grief lingering. 

But there's a lot of great events coming up before I leave for Bermuda on May 9!

The details for my readings in Easton, MA (with some KNITTING YARNS contributors) and North Conway, NH are up on my website. 

And so are the details for this weekend's Newburyport Literary Festival, where I'll be in conversation with Andre Dubus lll on Friday night and reading at Jabberwocky on Saturday afternoon. 

And next weekend finds me doing all things Grub at Grub Street's Muse and the Marketplace in Boston. These are ticketed events, but for the whole schedule please go to www.grubstreet.org 

But here are the details for the wonderful fundraising event in Newport on May 5:

Until then, I'm knitting and reading and visiting book clubs. A trip to NYC to hear my friend Laura Lippman in conversation with Gillian Gone Girl Flynn. Another to have dinner with my buddy Jane Hamilton, and to cheer Sam on in a musical at NYU. 

Looking forward to the pink sands and turquoise sea in Bermuda...