Friday, April 11, 2014

Dirty Love

Happy to report that my iron levels are out of the severe anemia range! Not yet normal, but getting there. Today I watched a clip of Annabelle and me on Spanish TV, and could not believe how sick I look. The anemic pallor! Hopefully that has improved too. 

Had a great re entry from my two weeks in paradise, followed by Literary Orange in Irvine. A week spent putting finishing touches on both AN ITALIAN WIFE and final book in THE TREASURE CHEST series (book 10!). A lovely way to spend my days. 

Wednesday night I had the distinct pleasure of speaking to OLLI members (lifelong learners) at the Laurel Lane Country Club here in RI. Had the best conversations at my table and beyond. However, as someone geographically and navigationally challenged, I could not find my way out of the country club. Chose the wrong dark road and ended up ON the golf course. Insert red faced emoticon here. I admit I laughed the whole way home...

Tonight off to a fundraiser for the Providence Public Library. Tomorrow I will be at the Maynard MA Book Festival at 1:30. And Sunday off for most of the week in NYC. 

Meanwhile, reading DIRTY LOVE by the ever fabulous Andre Dubus lll. Read it if you haven't yet!