Thursday, December 5, 2013

John Searles and me! December 10 in Providence!

I am so excited for this event next week at the downtown Providence Public Library! John was my student at NYU about a million years ago, and this is the first time we are doing an event together! Hosted by Robin Kall, aka Reading with Robin, things will get rolling at 6:30. John's new novel is Help For The Haunted, and I'll be talking about KNITTING YARNS and THE OBITUARY WRITER. 

I'm so delighted that KNITTING YARNS. Is flying off the shelves! Already in a second printing, it makes a great holiday gift for knitters and readers. Contributors like Anita Shreve, Elizabeth Berg, Sue Grafton, Andre Dubus lll, Barbara Kingsolver, Ann Patchett, and more; four stars from People Magazine; and 5 original patterns by Helen Bingham make it even more special. For me, it's a labor of love: working with writers I adore on essays about one of my favorite things. 

If you can come on December 10, email Robin at: robin@readingwithrobin.com for tickets and details!

PS Speaking of knitting, just finished arm warmers for Auntie Junie and am busily knitting a few dishcloths while I wait for yarn for a cowl to arrive!