Monday, November 18, 2013

Rainy days and Mondays

Fell asleep last night watching the rain and mist out my bedroom window, thinking it looked like London out there. Woke to more of the same, which of course leads me to want to snuggle deeper beneath the covers. Alas, it's Monday so no snuggling for me. Off to an early train to NYC and lunch with one of my favorite people, then an afternoon devoted to writing before I teach tonight. 

It has been a tough few days here. On Friday my beloved uncle died, just a year after my aunt. I was lucky to have writer friends hold down the fort at a KNITTING YARNS event at Newtonville Books so I could see him Thursday night. And lucky that a few other events could be rescheduled so I could devote myself to family time. But such sadness fills me, even as I experience so much enthusiasm for KNITTING YARNS, with wonderful events in York and Portland, Maine and yesterday here in Providence. 

Upcoming events at Titcomb's in Sandwich on the Cape Tuesday; the Center for Literary Fiction in NYC on Wednesday; and Wellesley Books in Wellesley, MA on Thursday. Then off to Miami and the Miami Book Fair this weekend. I hope to see you at one of these!

No surprise that I've knit two Avery hats from Loop Yarns and am half done with a Hannah hat, also a Loop Yarns kit. Next up, cabled arm warmers. Knitting continues to hold its comforting magic.