Tuesday, November 12, 2013

KNITTING YARNS and I go to Maine!

Watching the wet snow fall as Amtrak slowly chugs its way from NYC to Providence. A great night last night with my wonderful class and now heading home to pick up my suitcase and drive north. 

Tonight I will be at Yarn Sellars at 6 in York, Maine. I love Carrie and that store! You will too!

Tomorrow night I will be in fabulousPortland, Maine at  Harmon's & Barton's, 584 Congress St, at 6. Thanks to Barbara Kelly for organizing what promises to be a fun event. (Anything Barbara touches is fun!) plus, I get to have lunch with two of my favorite writer buddies before and dinner and a sleepover with my dear college buddy. Sigh. I always love going to Portland. 

Thursday I turn the Mini Cooper southward to Newtonville Books where I'll be joined by other KNITTING YARNS contributors. Details:

Newtonville Books
With Elizabeth Searle, Suzanne Strempek Shea, and Anne Le Claire
7PM

Sleepover with Cousin Gina in Charlestown and then home Friday in time to unpack and repack and continue south to Long Island and the Williston Park Library where contributor Janice Eidus will join me at 7 PM. 

I'll snooze in the NYC pad and sleep late Saturday before heading to one of my favorite towns: Woodstock, NY, one of my favorite bookstores: The Holden Notebook, and joined by one of my favorite people, contributor Martha Frankel at 4PM. 

A dinner party there with Woodstock pals, then the long trek home. 

But that trek is worth it because at the end will be contributors Taylor Polites and Helen Bingham (knitting goddess who designed the patterns for KNITTING YARNS) at Books on the Square in Providence at 5. 

A busy yarn filled, friend filled week! Details are under EVENTS on my website. 

Now, I'm going to put my earbuds in, turn on the New Yorker podcast Page Turner, and knit my whitecaps cowl...