Tuesday, October 8, 2013

News!

THE OBITUARY WRITER is just out in paperback! And it looks beautiful!

And KNITTING YARNS got a rave PW review! Yay! It hits stores on November 11. 

Had an incredible night at the ART in Boston last night. AliceHoffman's annual fundraiser for the Breast Center at Mt. Auburn Hospital with Alice, Jodi Picoult, Lee Woodruff, Ann Leary, Elinor Lipman, Gregory McGuire and me. Such a great event. And such an honor to be included. Alice's new book, a memoir about being a breast cancer survivor is just out. Buy it for all your girlfriends. 

I'm doing lots of promotion. For The Treasure Chest series. And the paperback. And the anthology. Racking up those frequent flyer points! But feeling a bit travel weary. Today in the line at Starbucks at Logan airport, 4:45am, a young woman told me she loved my dress. Perfect for traveling, she said. And I agreed. Do you know what make it is? I told her it was Eileen Fisher and she looked horrified. But my grandmother wears Eileen Fisher! I can't wear it! 
Sigh. 

Reading and loving Elena Ferrante's My Beautiful Friend. And knowing it's the first in a trilogy makes me happy, like the St. Albyn books did. 

Best find: The New Yorker podcasts of contemporary writers reading stories from the archives. My favorite so far is Margaret Atwood reading Mavis Gallant. Listening while I finish that second Mara shawl and wait for my yarn for the whitecaps cowl from Purl Soho and for twoAvery hats from Loop. Oh I miss Fresh Purls and Helen and Karen in Providence! But a party is in the works in December. 

Calling my flight! Onward!