Friday, October 11, 2013

Alice Munro wins Nobel Prize!

And I've been grinning since I heard. I read her way back in the late 70s and early 80s and never stopped. 

Since I'm talking about writers, have you read Mavis Gallant? Her short stories are wonderful! Even better, listen to them read on the New Yorker podcast. You will fall in love with her writing. 

I guess I have short stories on the mind because my next book is a collection of interconnected stories. Stay tuned for more on that. 

On my way home from Chicago and feel like doing the Fred Flintstone to get there faster. All kids home for the weekend, plus our fabulous former exchange student Willy here from Germany. 

Big name game planned for tomorrow night. Possible pumpkins will get carved. Lentil soup is happening. And hopefully pumpkin squares. Oh! And pumpkin pancakes. 

Hurry up car!