Monday, February 3, 2014

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep.

A lot of things have me thinking about this poem today. The lovely snow falling (pasta fagioli bubbling away on stove). The exciting news that the hubby is running for mayor of Providence. And the idea of promises. 

The full poem here, one of my favorites. 

Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening

BY ROBERT FROST
Whose woods these are I think I know.   
His house is in the village though;   
He will not see me stopping here   
To watch his woods fill up with snow.   

My little horse must think it queer   
To stop without a farmhouse near   
Between the woods and frozen lake   
The darkest evening of the year.   

He gives his harness bells a shake   
To ask if there is some mistake.   
The only other sound’s the sweep   
Of easy wind and downy flake.   

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   
But I have promises to keep,   
And miles to go before I sleep,   
And miles to go before I sleep.

I hope it brings some things to mind for you too. 

And on another note, I am finally starting to feel better. Still exhausted (went to bed at 7 last night!) but I am starting to feel more like myself. Made that aforementioned pasta fagioli! So will be able to go to NYC next week and have those meetings with editors. Lots of interesting stuff in the works!

And now for the picture of the day.