Tuesday, September 10, 2013

I believe in kindness. Also in mischief...

Most of you know that is a quote from the ever amazing Mary Oliver. I have spent this morning re reading her poetry in honor of her birthday and it's a good way to start the day. 

I'm here in NYC, listening to my favorite city sounds, drinking coffee, and organizing the work I have to do today--most of which will be done on the train back to RI. So much to do before I leave for Sicily on Thursday to teach at Bread Loaf there. I am super excited, since my last trip to Sicily was kind of hellish. Don't ask. Suffice it to say I left several days early! 

Getting so many good emails and such good news about KNITTING YARNS, my anthology of writers writing about knitting. Non knitters will adore it too! Contributors include Barbara Kingsolver, Sue Grafton, Anita Shreve, Elizabeth Berg, and many more! Pub date is November 11. 

Ok. Work work work. 

But I leave you with this:

“Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?”