Monday, January 25, 2016

Happy it snowed on Saturday...


While I was still in St. Pete! Don't get me wrong, I like a blizzard from time to time. But missing this one had a double benefit: I got to go sleeveless and the airport was open so I could get home on Sunday with no problem!

Another fabulous week at Writers in Paradise with Andre Dubus lll, Laura Lippman, Stewart O'Nan, Dennis Lehane, Les Standiford, Sterling Watson, Gilbert King, Campbell McGrath, and Laura Williams McCaffrey--a stellar group of writers and teachers and pals. If you are thinking about a writers conference, and Florida in January appeals, consider Writers in Paradise for certain. 

Here are a few pictures from my week:


Also, this happened:


See that handsome guy in the glasses smack in the middle? That's my kid! On SNL! #proudmon

And now I have several weeks of writing, cooking, reading, knitting Annabelle time ahead of me (with several trips to NYC). What am I writing? This week it's correcting page proofs for The Book That Matters Most, coming this August:

Also in the planning stages of a new novel. Always a terrifying and exhilarating place to be. And two different non fiction projects in the works. More on those soon. 

What am I cooking? Annabelle's favorite, risotto. A roast chicken. And for a dinner party this weekend, porchetta with cauliflower al forno. 

What am I knitting? The mountain cowl from Purl Soho, with the yummiest yarn ever. 

Reading? Read Outline by Rachel Cusk and My Name is Lucy Barton byElizabeth Strout last week, and am dazzled by both. This week I've got books for blurbing and also eager to start Beatlebone. 

And then on Wednesday there's the premiere of this: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GaLX8s3xVGc

Finest Hours! My kid's in it! Okay, one scene. But still!