Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Providence Noir

One of the great delights and surprises of my world recently has been editing Providence Noir, part of Akashic Books Noir series. Basically, I got to ask my pals to try their hands at a noir story that takes place in my hometown. Every time a new one dropped into my inbox, I got excited. Imagine Elizabeth Strout, Thomas Cobb, Peter Farrelly, Luanne Rice, Hester Kaplan, Taylor Polites, Robert Leuci, LaShonda Barrett, Marie Lee, John Searles, Dawn Raffel, Amity Gaige, and Bruce DeSilva sending you a story and you'll have an idea of how fun this job was. 

If you are in or near Providence on Saturday May 16 at 7PM, come to Books on the Square and meet five of us!

There are more events coming up from then through summer. In NYC, Boston, Mystic CT, and other RI bookstores. I hope to see you at one! And I know you'll love this book as much as I do.