Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Waking up in NYC

Cousin GJ and I drove down yesterday, arriving in time for Sam to load up his stuff from his old apartment, throw the car in a parking garage, and hightail it to our favorite Mexican restaurant, Empillon, for margaritas, guacamole, smoked cashew salsa, queso fundido, and tacos. GJ and I have been dreaming of this meal for months, but kept getting sidetracked to other fabulous restaurants. Last night, happily full, we went to see the play THE VILLAGE BIKE at the Lucille Lortel. In true NYC fashion, we spotted its star, Greta Gerwig,  walking to the theater. And the Harry Potter guy (Daniel Radcliffe?) and his girlfriend walking out of the theater. In between, we saw the play! Which was so well acted (the guy from one of GJ and my favorite theater experiences, GATZ) and written that I was just happy for two hours. 

Today: taking Sam home! Yay! Saturday he leaves for seven weeks in Amsterdam for an intensive acting training program. Proud of my kiddo. 

Annabelle is at ballet camp all week. 

And me? I'm writing my novel. And starting a new knitting project: http://www.purlbee.com/the-purl-bee/2014/4/27/lauras-loop-colorblock-bias-blanket.html