Monday, May 6, 2013

A writer has to write

Coming off a terrific evening in NYC at The Three Cups in the East Village where the Sweet! series had an actress do an amazing reading from THE OBITUARY WRITER, I headed off to a weekend in Boston for Grub Street's Muse and the Marketplace. Always so inspiring, and interesting, and exciting, and just plain fun. Got to hang with so many writing pals, and go to two fabulous parties, and meet so many new people. Straight from there I came home to do a panel on historical fiction at the Athenaeum here in Providence withTaylor Polites, Tom Cobb, and Adam Braver. That is a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon. Then cocktails with Cousins in the backyard. Yummy pork chops for dinner with fresh sugar snap peas. Even got to watch Mad Men live!

So why am I feeling so off center? Because I need to write!

It is time, after so many wonderful events, so much fun, so much travel, to begin a new book. I am all tingly with the excitement of it...