Friday, October 19, 2018

Books Books Books

Remember that I promised to tell you all the things I’m excited about? Let me start with the launch book for my new imprint, Gracie Belle Books. We are publishing 1-2 books a year on grief, and on November 6 our very first one, NOW YOU SEE THE SKY, by Catharine Murray makes its debut. If you live near Portland Maine you can go to her reading on November 7 at Print Bookstore. Check out Catharine’s website for all of her events, but Rhode Islanders can come to Books on the Square on November 15 to hear me in conversation with her about her gorgeous memoir.

Another book that has me all excited is THE AFTERLIFE OF KENZABURO TSURUDA by my former student and dear pal Elisabeth Wilkins Lombardo. Sadly, Beth died too young and a gaggle if her friends worked to bring her novel to the world. I am so proud to be among them. On November 1 at 7PM, Suzanne Strempek Shea, Elizabeth Searle and I will be at An Unlikely Story in Plainfield MA to read from and discuss Beth’s novel. Please join us if you can. And if you can’t, please read this beautiful book.

I’m also jumping for joy that we have dates for my Spannocchia Writers Conference in beautiful Tuscany. I will be under the Tuscan sun with Andre Dubus lll, Stewart O’Nan, my fabulous husband Michael Ruhlman, and almost definitely Laura Lippman. Join us August 16-23, 2019! For info email Henry at spannocchiawritersworkshop@gmail.com

Thrilled to that bookreporter.com is offering this giveaway for my new book, KITCHEN YARNS: NOTES ON LIFE, LOVE, AND FOOD. Pub date is December 6 but it’s available for pre-order now. Or maybe you’ll get one here?
https://www.facebook.com/747721838/posts/10156481429976839/

Finally, not a book thing but I can’t stop knitting slouchy hats with sock yarn! Perfect train knitting as I travel the northeast corridor every week!