Wednesday, September 2, 2015

What is Goat Hill?

For many years I've been asked where Rhode Islanders can take writing workshops or get one on one manuscript consultations. And the answer has been: Boston. But not everyone can trek to Boston once a week, battling traffic and fatigue. So I approached two of Rhode Island's prize winningest writers, Hester Kaplan and Taylor Polites (ok. They are also my dear friends), to see if they'd be interested in offering workshops here in Providence. I knew I asked the right writers-- before I knew it we three had formed Goat Hill, a place where writers at all levels of experience can take workshops, get manuscript consultations, and join us for lively conversations this fall with children and YA publisher Francesco Sedita ( he did my Treasure Chest series) and writer and publisher Kaylie Jones. We launched in June with a night of literary lunacy called Writers Behaving Badly, and will end the year with an encore of that in December. 

Interested in jump starting your memoir with me? Or studying the short story with Hester? Or writing historical fiction with Taylor? Or having a one on one manuscript consultation with one of us? Want to hear what Francesco and Kaylie have to say about writing and publishing?

Details are on our website:
www.goathillwriters.com

Like us on Facebook too! Every day we post an quote to start your writing day!