Sunday, July 13, 2014

Thunder!

Happily settled into my dorm room at Reed College for Tin House Workshop. Thunder and rain! A dramatic beginning! Arrived late yesterday afternoon and went directly from airport to the wonderful welcome party, where I ate my fill of pork belly/tomato bites and corn pizza, followed by grilled salmon, sliders, and creamed kale. All of this came with my new favorite cocktail: whiskey and lemonata. Perfect for a sultry summer night. 

This morning my fabulous friend scooped me up and took me to Roman Candle for breakfast, where I had egg salad with arugula and bacon on toast. And Stumptown coffee. Oh. At night they serve compari and soda on tap. Sigh. 

Bought gorgeous bouquets of dahlias and zinnias in bright orange and hot pink tucked inside Mason jars to brighten our rooms. A couple Oregon zins to brighten our evenings. 

I love this city.